Anti - Ragging Policy
- Ragging in MGMUHS is is totally banned and strictly prohibited as per the provisions of following Acts and Regulations:
- "Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999" from Government of Maharashtra
- "UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009"
- If any student find involved in, guilty of or abetting the ragging strict disciplinary action shall initiated and shall be penalized as per the provisions of above acts and regulations.
Anti Ragging Committee (2020-21)
The amendment of Anti Ragging Committee constituted for 2020-21, established under directives of Supreme Court of India / Govt. of India Notification Gazette of India dated 4th July 2009 and u/s. 26(1)(g) of UGC Act 1956 dated 17/06/2009, to keep strict vigilance on ragging is as follows :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Members||Post||Designation||Mob. No.|
|Dr. G.S. Narshetty
Dean, MGM Medical College Navi Mumbai
|Chairman||Dean, MGM Medical College, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai -410209||9820873404|
|Dr. Shilpi Sahu,
Professor & Head Pathology
|Nodal Officer||HOD Pathology, MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai
|Dr. Jaishree Ghanekar,
Prof. & Head Medicine
|Member (Faculty)||HOD Medicine, MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai
|Dr. Z. G. Badade,
Professor of Biochemistry
|Member (Faculty)||KL-6(A)-11/5, Sector :1E, Kalamboli Colony, Navi Mumbai 410218
|Dr. Vishwas Sathe,
Prof. of Anaesthesia Warden (PG Hostel)
|Member (PG Hostel)||MGM Staff Quarters, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai 410209
|Mr. Birendra Kumar,
Warden, Boys Hostel
|Member (UG Hostel)||MGM Staff Quarters, MGM Campus, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai 410 209
|Dr. Neha Singh ,
|Member (Hostel)||MGM Staff Quarters, Navi Mumbai 410 209
|Dr. J. K. Nath , NGO||Member||NGO, CBD, Belapur, Navi Mumbai||9821060034|
|Mr. Sachin Jadhav,
|Representative Non teaching||C/212, Maruti Niwas, Sector : 6, New Panvel 410209
|Mr. Prakhar Trivedi, UG Student||Student Representative||MGM Boys Hostel, MGM Campus, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai 410 209||8839830206|
|Ms. Janhavi D Talathi, UG Student||Student Representative||MGM Girls Hostel, MGM Campus, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai 410 209||7045242774|
|Dr. Shridhar W. Bodhe||Representative Ex Civil Admin||Deputy Collector , Office of the Slum Rehabilitation Authority, Thane, Thane||9987263265|
|( Police Inspector)||Representative of Police Admn(Zone II)||Sub Inspector of Police Office of Assistant Commissioner of Police, Zone 2, Panvel., Raigad||02227490476
|Mr. Ravi Autade||Representative of Media||Panchsheel, Sector : 6, Kalamboli Navi Mumbai||8450968875|
|Mrs. Seema Ketan Anam
( Mother of PG student)
|Representative of Parent||9, Mahavir Palace, Hingwala Lane, Ghatkopar (E), Mumbai-400077||9664800595|
|Dr. Vijay Kamale (Parent)||Representative of Parent||A 303, Pouras Chhaya, Plot No. 18, Sector : 24, Juinagar, Navi Mumbai 400 705
|Dr. Vasvi Sharma ,
JR-I ( Gen. Surgery)
|Student (PG) Representative||PG Hostel, MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai||9930501520|
|Dr. Singh Sanjeevkumar ,
JR-II (Gen. Medicine)
|Student (PG) Representative||PG Hostel, MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai||9309863302|
* The complaints should be given at institutional level, ie Dept / Hospital / Medical College/ MGMHS, before complaining to regulatory bodies is mandatory.
For the smooth and comfortable entry of the newly admitted students, all are requested to keep vigilance to see that no untoward activities take place in our college.
RAGGING IN ANY FORM MENTAL / PHYSICAL WILL BE SEVERELY DEALT WITH. RAGGING IS ILLEGAL & PUNISHABLE UNDER LAW AS PER RULES & REGULATIONS OF GOVERNMENT OF MAHARSHTRA/ CENTRAL GOVT/ MCI/ MGMIHS/ MGM MEDICAL COLLEGE, NAVI MUMBAI.
Anti - Ragging Flying Squads Members
|Sr. No||Name||Designation||Contact No|
|Dr. G.S. Narshetty, Dean||Chairman||9869016860|
|Dr. K.R. Salgotra, Professor of Orthopaedics & Med. Supdt||Member||9702297447|
|Dr. Shilpi Sahu, Prof. & HoD Pathology, Nodal Officer for ARC||Member||9819718368|
|Mr. Birendra Kumar, AO, Warden for Boys Hostel||Member||7977586210|
|Dr. Vishwas Sathe, Professor of Anaesthesiology / Warden||Member||9004107373|
|Dr. Lalita Chavan, Associate Professor of Anatomy||Member||9967907587|
|Dr. Neha Singh , Assistant Professor in Microbiology||Member||9930568938|
Anti-ragging Squad duties :
The Wardens should be available in hostel during night hours. The members must take rounds, night vigilance and surprise visits in the hostel.
- The members of the squad will visit at least twice in a week all potential areas of ragging in or outside the campus
- The squad members will conduct surprise visits/raids on hostels and other hot spots of ragging and apprehend the culprits.
- It shall record all verbal/telephonic/written complaints and take action as stipulated in MGM Medical College/ MGMIHS/ MCI.
- It shall keep the Dean informed of all events &occurrences of ragging in the college and submit the reports.
- Anti-ragging squad to keep vigil on untoward activities.
Any one gets information about the ragging or any other untoward activities must inform immediately to the members and it should be reported to the Dean.
* All the complaints should be given at institutional level, ie Dept / Hospital / Medical College/ MGMHS, before complaining to regulatory bodies is mandatory.